Thursday, February 4, 2010

Leave A Legacy

I attended the memorial service for the father of a long time family friend this evening. The service stirred up many emotions and thoughts in me for I have walked in my friend’s shoes. There was a slide show of photographs put to music that displayed the time of his life. Then a couple of speakers came before the congregation to share this man’s legacy in the stories, memories and values he instilled in them.

The entire memorial had me contemplating my own legacy. How I live my life silently signals certain values that I believe in, and I wonder if this is what my legacy will be. I have no idea how many more days I have here, but I do know they are numbered. I know am blessed for every additional day I am given, for each day is a chance to make a difference; a chance to leave a legacy to those you touch.

Visit my website: arnoldwilsonphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment